Be ready for spur-of-the-moment stops, unexpected views and special sightseeing along the way! Immerse yourself in Oahu’s wartime history, visiting important sites and listening to personal stories. See battleships that represent the start and end of US involvement in World War II, along with other poignant sites.
- Take the H-1 Freeway to the National Cemetery of the Pacific. Located at Punchbowl Crater, the cemetery honors men and women who have served in the US armed forces, drawing millions of visitors each year.
- Continue toward downtown Honolulu, where a fascinating tour will take you to historic points of interest in the city.
On this adventure you will
- Board a US Navy shuttle boat that will take you out to the USS Arizona Memorial, a reverent, open-air structure built across the width of the sunken USS Arizona. There, you will also see the marble wall carved with the names of the 1,178 young men who lost their lives on the ship.
- View the nearby USS Missouri, the site where Japan signed the Instrument of Surrender to end World War II. Together, the Missouri and the Arizona have often been referred to as symbolic “bookends” of the war.
View important additional information to help you prepare for this exciting adventure.
- The order of sites visited may vary, subject to traffic and safety conditions.
- We encourage Guests to dress comfortably, keeping in mind that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial; swimsuits are not permitted.
- Security restrictions at Joint Base Pearl Harbor – Hickam will be enforced. Please do not bring large bags or any containers that could conceal contraband. Storage will be available in the Pacific Visitors Center at Pearl Harbor at a cost of $3.00.
- Snacks will be available at the USS Arizona Memorial Visitors Center and the USS Missouri gift shop.
Call us for more information
Ph: (808) 726-2875