UPDATE TO HAWAII’S PRE-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM
It’s been a little over two weeks since Hawaii implemented their COVID-19 Pre-travel testing program. It started out a bit rocky with many people having to quarantine after arriving in Hawaii, due to delayed test results. I spoke with one traveler who waited a full ten days to get his test results. He then had to wait two more days after uploading the results to Hawaii’s website to get his official Quarantine Release.
With all this in mind, below are a few tips I found in the Honolulu Star Advertiser that may help speed you through the process.
Tips for Hawaii Travelers who Want to Expedite Exemptions from Quarantine:
- Have your test in hand when you arrive in Hawaii, even if you upload it here.
- Uploading your test after arriving in Hawaii can result in several days’ wait in quarantine until your test is reviewed.
- Only upload tests from Hawaii’s trusted testing partners; all other tests will be rejected.
- See hawaiicovid19.com/travel/getting-to-hawaii for a list of the state’s testing partners.
- Make sure your first and last names, test date, test result and name of trusted testing partner are on the test.
- Make sure the first and last names on the test result match the first and last names in the Safe Travels digital form.
- Upload a good-quality Adobe PDF file with only the first page of your test result in 8-1/2-by-11-inch format.
- Don’t upload screen shots of your phone, mobile device or computer, or photos of your test; they will fail.
- Tests are verified by labs; submitting a falsified test is a crime and will be prosecuted.