Distance from the Honolulu International Airport to Ko Olina is a little under 20- miles. There are several ways to get to Ko Olina:
- Municipal Transportation (TheBUS): Cost is $2.50 per person, should take about an hour and a half, and would require one transfer. You are allowed to bring a bag onto the bus as long as it fits on your lap or under the seat in front of you. Busses do not have any baggage storage areas available anywhere, and you are not allowed to store any bags on the seat beside you.
- Technology Transportation (Uber / Lyft): This is fairly new to our city, and there are many laws that are constantly changing. If you already use Uber or Lyft you should inquire what current restrictions may affect you. The most current ruling that is being enforced is regarding your pick-up. Uber / Lyft drivers are not allowed to pick anyone up at the airport. If you are scheduling a ride you must order your pick-up in an area outside of the airport.
- Airport Shuttle (SpeediShuttle): If you don't mind sharing a ride with other exited vacationers you may consider jumping on SpeediShuttle. Cost is $15 per person, one way and may have multiple stops. Cost includes two bags, each additional bag is $8 each.
- Taxicab: If you have four or more people in your party a taxicab is probably your best value. At $65 per cab, one way, you can get a cab in the airport and have the whole vehicle to yourself. There are no "number of bags per person" restriction, in fact the number of bags are restricted to what fits in the trunk. If it does fit you will need to order a second cab and pay for it.
- Sedan: Sedans make a luxury start of your vacation. For $175 per vehicle, one way, you can ensure a larger vehicle and a driver with a clean professional look.
- Limousine: Start your vacation in style. Drivers will meet you at the gate, take you to baggage claim, help you with your luggage. At $220 per vehicle, one way, there's nothing like starting your luxury vacation feeling like a rock star.